I love London. I want to move here. The tube is so convenient, the weather is perfect, and there's so much to do. The plan was to spend a day here, two days in Edinburgh, and return to London the night before my flight home. I arived from Rome late Friday night, so explored as much as I could Saturday, which also happened to be the Pride festival and parade. I loved the parade. Everyone had whistles and there was loud music and bright colors, and of course rediculous outfits. And Jay Z and Drake were here for a music festival. Too bad tickets were £100.
Sunday morning, I was supposed to fly out at 7 am. Cost: £10. The first wrong turn happened when I booked a bus to Gatwick from a tube station that I would have to take 2 buses to. Cost: £20. Then I found out that that would require me to get up at 3 and leave by 330. No way Jose. So then I booked the fastest way to Gatwick, a train that left from a station I would need to take one bus to. Cost: £30. I would get up at 445 and leave by 5. Then, I woke up at 5:09 am. Frantic, I checked out and left without washing my face or brushing my teeth. Ran to what I thought was the bus stop and bought a ticket. Cost: £2. But that wasn't my stop. My stop was like 3 blocks away. Ran there searching, but couldn't find it. By the time I did, it was past 6 am. Total travel time would be 65 min, so I was definitely missing my flight. Then I stepped on some glass because my shoes like to vacuum debris from the street. So I made my way back to my hostel, rechecked in, crawled back into my original bed, and cried myself to sleep. Not really cried, but I was sweating. So £62/$90 and a heart attack later, I pretty much got up at 5 am to take a mile jog. Awesome. But having only one mishap in 2 months of travelling isn't too shabby. So I'm kind of ok with it, only because I get to spend two extra days here.
Tomorrow I plan to go candy shopping, free museum roaming, and park napping. Tuesday, I return home! Boy, do I miss it. I've had an amazing time abroad. 2 months flew by in the blink of an eye. I've seen and experienced things that many people my age will never get the chance to do, and I am grateful to be so lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment