Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Arrived in Dublin!

I have finally made it to Dublin to begin my 3 month adventure before the next five years of my life are devoted to school. Monday was super hectic, trying to run around Tampa finishing things up and running errands. The whole family went to the airport to see me off and after connecting in Atlanta, I was on my way to London. My flight was late by an hour, so I had an hour
to get my bag, go through customs, check in to my next flight, and find the gate. Well, that definitely was not going to happen. Turns out the terminals there are each separated by a mile, and there are long tunnels to walk through, and its basically impossible to get anywhere in that airport in less than 30 minutes. Mind you, I was carrying a 50 lb. pack on my back. So, I missed my flight, and took one out 2 hours later. Not too shabby. But alas, I made it to Dublin, to the Barnacles hostel (www.barnacles.ie). Tomorrow is my orientation for the Work in Ireland program, and then the job/apartment hunt begins! Thank you to all of you that wished me safe travels. I already miss everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Go Amy! Barnacles looks pimp, ha ha! Have fun, meet lots of people, and be safe! Can't wait to hear more. Love, your big bro

    ReplyDelete