Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Rain Jackets are Awesome!
Before I got here, everything I read about Ireland said that the weather was crappy and unpredictable. And since I have been here, up until yesterday, the weather has been beautiful. You can see bright blue skies in the pictures and everything. Well, yesterday, I went on a day tour from Galway city to Connemarra which is in the mountains. It was really pretty, and there are all these waterfalls going down the mountain and sheep running around. One thing we visited was Kylemore Abbey which used to be a Castle, turned into a vacation home, turned into an abbey, and finally a school for girls. The entire day in the mountains it was raining and gloomy and foggy. I have fallen in love with my rain jacket. It protects me from wind too! And my hiking sneakers that I got repel water and stuff. So awesome! The gross cold non stop rain isn't so bad when you're prepared!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment