So the people that I have met along the way have been all kinds. There was a french student on the first night in Dublin that creeped me out by being a little too open a little too quickly, and saying things like "it would be a pleasure to watch you dance," and "Oh, so that is how Americans are. Huh..." when I seemed reluctant when he suggested sharing my one apple. There were two other french guys living in Amsterdam that I met on a pub crawl and they were really nice- and tall! An australian architect student studying in Helsinki who is super cool. A South African- English guy who was definitely looking for a rebound after breaking off his engagement (which he loved to talk about). Some Ivey League PhD students... one lived up to the snob stereotype for sure, but her friends were completely opposite, and a bit flamboyant. And 2 American boys that were definitely the "Yea! America!" type. All in all it's been pretty fun. I noticed that single travelers tend to gravitate toward eachother, at least thats what I do.
I'm currently in Galway, but tonight is my last night. I'll be heading back to Dublin for a while, until next Monday when Patrick arrives. Looks like we'll be traveling for about a month, but who knows, we might end up working on a farm in Portugal, or a vineyard in Italy in exchange for small pay, accommodations, and food. Or maybe I'll go back to Dublin, and work for a month in an office.
Photos have been uploaded to Facebook!! Finally...
Photos have been uploaded to Facebook!! Finally...
No comments:
Post a Comment