Russian mission! Eek!
Switzerland is beautiful, but man, is it expensive. Left Bern today, and arrived in Luzern, where supposedly its breath takingly beautiful. We got to our hostel which is kind of out in the residential boonie area, but its quiet and safe around the hostel. Its definitely the most expensive one that were staying at but probably has the least amount of amenities. Similar to our Geneva day, we had free travel today, so we took a boat cruise around Lake Lucerne. There was a boat waiting at the port so we just hopped on without asking any questions. Cut to 4 hours later, we find out that this boat never actually goes back to Luzern. So starving and boated out, we get off and switch onto the boat that would take us back. What an adventure!
When I'm rich, and I decide to travel around the world again, I'm going to experience all of the foods the right way. With my daily budget, its just impossible to try a $30 full course meal when a simple premade lunch sandwich costs $7 and your drink is $3 and your hostel for the night is $30 . Sad, I know. BUT I hear that this hostel offers fresh bread with local cheese and ham and jam and butter and fresh orange juice, so I finally get to try some famous Swiss cheese. And I have become somewhat of a butter expert, since all u get for breakfast from most hostels is toast, butter, and jam. Irish butter is soo good, as well as irish beef, spanish butter, not so much. I'm excited for swiss butter because their dairy is supposed to be excellent. Oh, and I tried Rivella, a Swiss soda, which contains like 20% milk. It tasted like a roll of Smarties in Sprite.
Tomorrow is Mt. Pilatus which could possibly include a medium difficulty 5 hour 7 km hike to the summit. That's right. Me. Hiking. I'm still debating between that or an easy 1.5 hour hike....
I love this blog and all the pictures! Keep em coming and I'm glad ur having fun!
ReplyDelete