Its never really crossed my mind, but road tripping around Europe is probably the best way to go. I met three Norwegian guys driving around on holiday, and I was so jealous! You can drive 12 hours from Norway and be in Berlin, Germany! We can drive 12 hours and be.... in the Tennessee? Boring.
My brother in law, Jeff, took us on a Porsche factory tour which was awesome. They use the just in time manufacturing philosophy, weird because I actually learned that in manufacturing class. They had autonomous robots and lots of awesome cars and people rode bicycles around inside the building.
Its true that on the autobahn there is no speed limit, and boy were some people going super fast. Our Mercedes rental couldn't accelerate or go faster than 140 kph, so we could only watch as Porsches and Audis and BMWs and Bentleys sped by. We had the freedom to go wherever we wanted, so we stayed in small German towns. The country here in Bavaria, or southern Germany is beautiful. You see the Alps and lots of green from the highway, and the landscape isn't ruined by billboards. I really really want a traditional German dress, but they cost at least €100 and I could only wear it for two occasions - Oktoberfest or Halloween. So it might not be too justified. Now if I were going to live in Germany for a little bit, I would totally get one and serve liters in a bierhaus. I also wanted a Cinderella dress before going to Neuschwanstein castle (built by crazy King Ludwig II and basis for Cinderella castle), but the visit was just as majestic without one. Now that place was a castle!
By the way, there's a Legoland Deutschland and its awesome! Minus the fact that it ruined the picture of innocence and youth that I had in my head when someone stole my shirt that I had bought 15 minutes earlier. But there's huge lego statues and rides and big lego pieces that are like 10 feet tall. And. there's a world cup soccer stadium that's filled with Lego people! Its okay to be jealous.
I've had schnitzels, pretzels, tons of ice cream, nudels, wursts, and Ethiopian food (huh?). It has all been delicious, but not so much on the Ethiopian goat meat... but they offered zebra and kangaroo as well.
I miss my travelling partner, and my sister, and my brother in law already. And everyone back home of course, but I have 10 days left! I must live them up!
To Italy and pizza and gelato!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You found legoland!?!? It sounds magical, Im guessing it wasnt in berlin? Damn that tour guide for leading us astray.
ReplyDelete