So I have been here for probably about 48 hours, and man, is it hard. I don't think I realized what coming over alone was really going to be like. It's pretty lonely, and since I'm in an unfamiliar place, I get nervous when I venture outside of the main part of the city because I can't tell if it's a good area or not, since I don't really know what the norm is here. I have completed my resume, and tried to look for housing. Haven't looked for a job yet, because the timing just hasn't worked out yet, but tomorrow, hopefully I will start. I've set up 2 appointments to look at our apartments, but no luck so far. Wish me luck!
Other than that, today, I went to the National Museum which had a lot of history and archaeology of Ireland. The Gator Nation is definitely everywhere, because I ran into one of my engineering classmates in the museum!! What a coincidence! Although I'm not much of an art buff, I went to the National Gallery and checked out some french and irish art. Lots and lots of walking today, so I rewarded myself with a taxi ride back to Temple Bar :)
So if anyone feels like taking a last minute flight over, I will be more than happy to travel with you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you share a room with anyone else in the hostel? Who is this engineering classmate? Instant friends?! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteWell it was just random. I had classes with him back at UF for a semester, and we happened to run into eachother at a museum!
ReplyDelete